Friday, June 4, 2021

Birthday card... with a difference

 


Another year, anoth- ah now, hang on there. 

Naturally, as always on this day, I want to take the opportunity to wish Maestro Braxton a very happy birthday. I mean, of course I do! But while I'm at it, I want to make - well, I'm not even going to call it an announcement, because unless McC pops his head in, chances are nobody will see this anyway; but after vaguely threatening a few times over the last few years to resume posting, I'm actually about to start doing precisely that. Within the next couple of weeks I shall be writing a bit about the Thumbscrew album (what do you mean, "which one?" - take a wild guess), and a bit about the New Haven box on Firehouse 12. I shan't be going into rabbit-hole detail on either one - quite apart from any other considerations, I have still only heard half of the box - but I do have a few things I wanted to say about them and, dammit, I'm gonna do it. 

The fact that nobody is likely to read such posts isn't really a problem, indeed it may positively be an advantage at this point. And even if it isn't, I'm going to write them anyway. Non-spoiler alert: the New Haven set is absolutely astonishing. 

That's it, for now. Except to wish the main man:

*"@"*Many happy returns of the day*"@"*

C x

2 comments:

doghouse said...

Good to see you back - we've missed you

Kai Weber said...

RSS feed subscriptions are patient. Those who know how to handle them will read your blog posts, no matter how (in)frequently they're arriving. I'm looking forward to your new texts.